It’s summer time once again and the kids are ready to come out and play! As much as you want them to enjoy playing with other kids under the sun, don’t forget these tips to keep their scalp clean and healthy this season.
- Wear hats and caps! It protects not only the scalp, but the face and neck, too.
- Invite other kids for playdates in your house, so they don’t need to stay in the playground for too long. Let’s face it, it’s just too hot outside!
- Condition the hair at least twice a week. Kids’ hair needs enough moisture as much as adult’s hair. Make sure to find a mild one for their hair, too.
- Rinse well. Wash the hair evenly until there’s no hint of residue left.
- Do not shampoo the hair before a swim to keep the hair’s natural oils. But make sure to shower with shampoo after a swim to remove chlorine from the hair.
- Drink lots of water. One thing you should remember is that the scalp is part of your skin, too. If you drink enough glasses of water and fluids to keep your body hydrated, then you’re keeping your scalp hydrated and healthy, too.
- Don’t ask your kids to comb their hair 100 times a day just to make it look shiny and healthy. This practice is a myth, because it actually makes the scalp secrete more oil, which makes your kids’ scalp oilier than normal.
- Prepare dishes or drinks rich in Vitamin E, such as avocado smoothie, shrimp pasta, and beef with broccoli to strengthen their hair and scalp.
- Always remind the kids to avoid head-to-head contact during play time with other kids. Summer season is lice season because of the kids’ frequent contact with other playmates. Prevention is key so they can enjoy more playdates all summer long!
- In case they get infected, treat it with Lindell Lotion! This is a one-time treatment for head lice to keep your kids and the whole family #Lice
- FreeWorryFree anytime of the year!
Enjoy your summer with your families, mga mamshies! Click here for more info about Lindell Lotion.